Our youngest is four months old today. Luke has changed so much this month. I feel like he is no longer in that newborn stage. His personality is starting to shine through, and it's a wonderful one! He smiles and giggles at anyone who will stop and chat with him. If I could just sit and talk to him the entire day, he would never fuss.
Luke loves little ditties and rhymes. He gets especially excited when we do the cuckoo clock song and dance. He'll pay some attention to toys, but really he'd rather interact with me, Jack, or Daddy. He's an extremely social baby, and he wants to see everything. He's very interested in his fingers and toes. For that reason, diaper changes are his favorite times of the day because he can finally get at those toes that Mom has been hiding beneath his socks. He rolls from his back to his belly with ease and often. It's funny because he gets stuck on his belly and has to yell to get a little help. Within 30 seconds of rescue, he's done it again and needs some more help. He likes to sit in his Bumbo seat because he can see what's going on around the house. Really, he just wants to keep tabs on Mommy 24 hours a day. :-)
He's on a predictable schedule which pleases his mom. He's my alarm clock each morning at 0600. It's back to bed sometime between 0830 and 0900 for a little catnap. He takes his longest nap around 1230 when he can sleep with me. The afternoons that he manages a little catnap are his happiest days, but that doesn't happen as often as I would like. I start his bedtime routine around 1830, and he's generally asleep by 1900. I never know what to expect from the night. Some nights he sleeps through the night. Other nights he's up once or twice.
The little booger absolutely refuses to eat from a bottle. Grandma, Sarah, and I have all tried coaxing him into giving it a try, but it just infuriates him like nothing else can. I wish I had ignored the lactation consultant's advice about not giving him a bottle or a pacifier the first month. I feel as if I missed my window of opportunity.
I take Luke to his four month doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'll be sure to update with weights and other measurements then.

No comments:
Post a Comment