Wednesday night was the end of life as we knew it for the last 26 months. Jack decided to start climbing out of his crib at night with his sleep sack on. I knew that he could do it without his sleep sack, and he's done it many times during the day, but he upped his game Wednesday night. So, after a miserable, frustrating, and painful night in which Jack got out of bed a couple times at bedtime and many times at 2:00 am and in which I ended up with a knot on my forehead from things that go bump in the night, I got out my toolbox on Thursday morning. Jack's crib went to Luke's room, and Luke's crib was converted to a toddler bed for Jack.
Our first day was pretty painful, but here we are on day two and things are already settling down. (I knocked on wood the instant my ring finger tapped the period key on my laptop.) As long as I'm willing to keep his door open, Jack seems willing to stay in bed. He's fallen asleep with ease at naptime and nighttime today!


No comments:
Post a Comment