Listening to a toddler learn the English language is funny business. (Ha ha funny, Jane, not peculiar funny.) John and I have had our share of exchanged glances and smirks and even some outright laughter as Jack is learning. Here are a few of the funny ones that have made us laugh lately.
1. "That's a dirty chip!"- The other night was taco night. We ate the last few Tostitos before moving on to the new bag of Doritos. I asked Jack if he'd like to try a Dorito. As I handed it to him, he yelled, "That's a dirty chip, Mama!"
2. "Mama, I need ou!" No explanation required unless you need ou translated to you.
3. "Nakey-boy Mama"- The other day while Jack was napping I decided to jump in the shower. Of course he was yelling for me by the time I got out. I quickly wrapped a towel around myself and headed to his room before he woke Luke. As soon as he saw what I was wearing, he said, "Nakey-boy Mama!"
4. "Look at the turkeys, Mama!"- When you first read this you think there's nothing funny about it, but if you heard Jack say it you'd laugh for certain. Look sounds like a curse word that starts with f when it comes from my sweet boy's mouth.
Little goofs, misconceptions, and his perceptions tickle my funny bone, so I'll try to keep track of them and do another post soon. I do not want to forget these moments.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment