Sunday, March 20, 2011

9:14


For weeks, make that years, John has been talking about taking his sons camping. With spring's arrival, John asked me if I thought Jack was ready for his first trip. I suggested they try sleeping with the tent in the backyard first just in case Jack wouldn't sleep. At 8:00, the boys zipped themselves into their home away from home (sort of). Unbeknownst to them I cracked my bedroom window a little bit so I could hear how their night was going. Jack talked, and talked, and talked, and talked.... I could go on, but I won't. I heard, "What's that?" at least a hundred times. I also heard a whole lot of, "Jack, be quiet and go to sleep or we'll have to go inside." The words I didn't hear that sent the boys in at 9:14 were, "Daddy, I'm tired. Let's go to bed." I guess he's a little young for camping.


1 comment:

  1. That is super duper cute! Camping would be so much fun. I love that he said "I'm tired let's go to bed." Cutie Pie!

    ReplyDelete