He coordinated a birthday brunch with his family. Brunch was a perfect idea because a) it's my favorite meal of the day. b) my youngest is happiest in the morning. Jane made a yummy, yummy meal AND sent home a carrot cake for after dinner. I felt bad that everyone didn't get to enjoy it because it was fabulous.
He bought cards from both himself and the boys. And he wrote the sweetest message in the card from him. He knows those handwritten notes are my favorite part!
And we just spent the afternoon together, our family of four. We didn't have somewhere we had to be or something we had to do. Those kinds of days are my favorite.
And to top it off, I got to listen to Jack sing happy birthday to me. This was seriously the best birthday I've had since my skating party in fourth grade. It was almost good enough to make me look forward to my next one. The icing on the cake would be if Luke decided his gift to me was going to be a night of uninterrupted sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment