Yesterday afternoon Jack and I were taking siestas when John came in and told me that he thought we probably needed to go to the closet. I grabbed a bottle from the fridge, and Jack and I went to our closet. John has a separate closet that he can take the dogs into with him. The news was on in the background, and I kept hearing locations that were coming closer and closer to our house. I was pretty nervous. Jack, on the other hand, was only interested in eating that bottle that I brought with me. When the name of my friend's neighborhood was announced, I started to pray. I know she is really frightened of bad weather, and all I could think of was her and her 7 month old in danger. So, I grabbed my cell phone and began my fruitless attempts to call her. Call failed was all my phone would tell me, nothing about if she was alright. In the end, her house was spared, but too many around her were destroyed. The storm came close to our house. We live right off the intersection of Dejarnette and New Lascassas Road; just outside the green arrow on the map. Unfortunately, there were casualties in the storm. A mother and her nine week old daughter were killed. So sad. This one struck too close to home!Saturday, April 11, 2009
Tornado
Yesterday afternoon Jack and I were taking siestas when John came in and told me that he thought we probably needed to go to the closet. I grabbed a bottle from the fridge, and Jack and I went to our closet. John has a separate closet that he can take the dogs into with him. The news was on in the background, and I kept hearing locations that were coming closer and closer to our house. I was pretty nervous. Jack, on the other hand, was only interested in eating that bottle that I brought with me. When the name of my friend's neighborhood was announced, I started to pray. I know she is really frightened of bad weather, and all I could think of was her and her 7 month old in danger. So, I grabbed my cell phone and began my fruitless attempts to call her. Call failed was all my phone would tell me, nothing about if she was alright. In the end, her house was spared, but too many around her were destroyed. The storm came close to our house. We live right off the intersection of Dejarnette and New Lascassas Road; just outside the green arrow on the map. Unfortunately, there were casualties in the storm. A mother and her nine week old daughter were killed. So sad. This one struck too close to home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you are okay! Similar to hurricanes - one feels so helpless - reminds us who is in charge!
ReplyDeleteJanice