Thursday, April 16, 2009

Steward's Garden

Jack isn't quite ready for fruits and veggies yet, but Mommy is getting ready. Our church tilled 25 acres of land and is parceling out patches to the church families. This spring we will have a 10x14 patch in which to grow all of Jack's first foods. The local paper wrote a story about Steward's Garden. You may notice that Jack's granddad is in the picture. He has worked hard on this project for the church. He is definitely one of Christ's "stewards". 

This weekend, John, Jack, and I are going to the store to buy seeds. We're going to go ahead and start the plants at home and transfer them to the garden when our patch is ready. I am thinking about planting squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, and pumpkins. I don't know much about gardening in Tennessee, so I am going to have to see if that is even possible! Any advice is welcomed. 

So, Jack and I will be busy this summer maintaining out patch. John has dragged out a canopy for Jack to play under as I weed the patch each week. We're going to have to go early in the morning before the Tennessee sun becomes too hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment