Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu

The first case of swine flu is close to home now. I worry about Jack since so many people love to touch babies. Just last night we were in the grocery store and a lady grabbed his hand. I asked John if I would be arrested for assault if I started swatting peoples' hands as they reached for my baby. He told me that he would bail me out. Lucky me. Instead of swatting her hand, I got around the corner from her, pulled out a baby wipe, and wiped him down. Your time is limited with a baby because you want to wipe him off before that hand goes into his mouth. Ugh! For a germaphobe like me, swine flu is nerve-wracking.  

1 comment:

  1. Even without swine flu, lots of common cold germs and other nasty things get to babies through well-intentioned people's touching or getting in their face and "cooing". Sad, but true that one has to be a bit careful. I'd hold back on the swatting though!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete