Thursday, October 20, 2011

Minnesota Trip October 2011

We just returned from a short trip to see my family in Minnesota. Every time I leave I wish we lived closer to my sister's family. Their farm is lots of fun too. 


Jack, Luke, and John rode the 4-wheeler.


Jack talked Jake into jumping on the trampoline.



Kevin and Megan made sure that Jack got his first horse ride. 




Kevin's aquarium is always a hit. Luke loved it this time too.


... and so did Jack. Notice Kevin moving in to break up the action!


I saw plenty of sunrises over the cornfields, courtesy of Luke (and God).

I like to write about the funny little things the kids do. When Megan was getting ready to leave for college on Sunday evening, Jack got sad. He really did not want her to go. Expressing sadness isn't easy for a 2 year old. His best attempt was, "I am going to throw all your stuff on the floor." It was easy to tell that he meant that if her stuff wasn't in her backpack then she couldn't go. Poor Megan burst into tears. I know she was sad to leave, but I don't think Jack could have done a better job of telling her he loves her even if he could express himself better. 

So, to all you Johnsons I love, I am going to throw your stuff all over the floor. I mean, I miss you. 

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE you guys, too. Thanks so much for making the trip out to see us. We loved having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack couldn't have said it better!
    I want to visit the Johnson's and throw
    their stuff on the floor also!!!

    I miss the Johnson's, too!

    Jan.....

    ReplyDelete