Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

Lucky Ladd Farm has become an October tradition of sorts for our family. As we walked through the farm today, I couldn't help but think about our trip there last year. 

2010

Jack was such a little guy back then, and I was waddling around the farm days away from delivering Luke. Today, I couldn't imagine Luke not being there with us. It's unbelievable how drastically my life has changed in the last three years. 



Both boys picked out a pumpkin that they liked. If we would have been buying pumpkins today, those are the ones the boys wanted. Jack went straight for the little, oddly colored ones. Luke went for the big guys. 






The majority of our afternoon was spent in the petting zoo. Despite Mom's pig bite, we had a pretty good time. Luke gazed at all the animals from his perch on Daddy's back. Jack kept asking me, "Is that guy hungry?" My answer was always an enthusiastic yes although I'm quite certain that those animals had had their fill by the time we came around. 





We also played in the park part of the farm. Jack loved the tractor tires that the kids were all climbing on. I wish I had about a dozen of those to put in our pasture. I think the boys would be out there all of the time. A sweet little girl invited Jack to try the teeter totter with her. He loved it for about ten seconds and then wanted OFF! 

As if being bitten by a pig wasn't traumatic enough, Jack decided he was big enough to ride the tractor ride all by himself. As I watched the tractor haul him away, I seriously had to wipe the tears from my eyes. He's growing up way too fast. 

Until next year, Lucky Ladd.

2 comments:

  1. We love your family so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did that cow "crack" Jack up? I still laugh about that. :) It sure looks like fun. Family traditions are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete