Nearly everywhere Jack and I go, we drive past this little pond. On most days, there are several "ducks", aka Canadian geese, floating on the water. Jack and I always talk about how we should go feed the ducks some bread. Seeing some old bread in our pantry this weekend and knowing how excited Jack would be, I decided this weekend would be the weekend we made his little dream come true. The little man was giddy with excitement. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. I couldn't help but remember the time the ducks at the zoo chased my nephew, Joe. He's never forgotten about it, and is still afraid of ducks to this day. I really hoped that this would be a good experience for Jack and not a scarring one. Fortunately, it was. The ducks were well mannered. In fact, Jack was even convinced that they said thank you. Hmmm.... As we drove off, he asked his daddy to roll down his window so he could tell the ducks you're welcome. I guess I know where all of our old bread will be going from now on.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment