Caution: There are a ton a pictures in this post.
Sometimes I wonder what Jack is going to be when he grows up. If his current interests are any indication, he'll be an excavator driver, children's book writer, or carpenter. Over the weekend, John and Jack began constructing a doghouse for our dogs. Jack was giddy with excitement the entire weekend. I had him rest in his room on Sunday afternoon while John ran to Home Depot to get some more supplies. I watched him from the video monitor as he spent the entire rest period watching for his dad out the window. When John drove up the driveway, he excitedly screamed, "Mom, Dad's home! Can I go help build the doghouse?" There's nothing the child likes better than having tools in his hands, especially if they are Daddy's tools.
I think spending a lot of time with his dad was good for Jack. Daddies do things differently than moms, and I think a kid benefits from experiencing both Mom's way and Dad's.
I can't help but think about all the time I spent helping my dad with projects. I'm hopeful that John, Jack, and Luke will make similar memories.
The picture of the unplugged cord makes me smile because it shows just how careful John is with our children. Every time he finished with the saw, he unplugged it before Jack was allowed off his safe spot on the rock. Below you see Jack patiently waiting for Dad to finish cutting.
The carpenters have the house built. It just needs a roof and some paint. I'll share more as the project goes on next weekend. I'm sorry if your eyes are burning from looking at all of the pictures, but I just couldn't narrow them down any further.




















Oh how neat!! Your family is so blessed that you document the memories the way you do. Good times.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful opportunity for both John and Jack! How precious!
ReplyDelete