Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome, Luke!

Luke Marion Seaton joined our family on Friday, November 5, 2010 at 7:31 pm. He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. 

First photo with Mommy

First photo with Daddy


Jack stayed with his grandpa and grandma while I was in the hospital. They brought him to visit on Saturday morning. It was very sweet to watch Jack interact with his new brother. Jack spotted Luke as soon as he walked in the door, and his interest was piqued. He wanted to show me each of Luke's body parts. It was so cute when he started to look for Luke's feet. One foot was exposed while the other was not. Jack said, "More foot?" 

I was relieved that we have spent so much time talking with Jack about gentle touches because he certainly wanted to touch the baby. I really think that all the books that we've read recently about babies were quite helpful. I would suggest that to all of my friends who plan on adding to their families soon. This one as well as this one were especially helpful for us. John and I were also talking about how much it helped Jack to have a baby doll of his own for the last couple of months. 

First photo with Jack

First photo of our family of four

Proof that Luke has a dimple just like his big brother


By the time Sunday rolled around, Luke and I were more than ready to go home. John came to get us around 1:30. We spent the afternoon getting things around the house ready for a baby while we waited for Jack to come home too. Grandpa and Grandma brought him home and the fun really got started. Jack spotted the baby in his bouncy seat and ran over to take a closer look. He spent more time talking about Luke's eyes and nose and other parts and then he decided that he would rather just give Baby Luke lots of hugs. Talk about heartwarming! Pictures below :-). Grandma must have been busy this weekend between caring for Jack and cooking for us because she stocked our refrigerator with lots of yummy stuff. Thank you! 

Ready to go home from the hospital

A hug between brothers

Checking out Baby Luke with Grandma

Grandma and Grandpa with the boys

More hugs

Our family of four. Poor Luke!

A little happier


It's such a relief for many reasons that Luke has finally arrived. Of course I'm glad to not be pregnant any longer, but mostly I'm relieved because everything went better than I could have ever hoped. I worried about Jack feeling abandoned during my hospital stay, but he had the time of his life at his grandparents' house. I worried about how Jack would react to his brother. So far, he's showing only excitement although I know that could change as time goes on. Having Luke on Friday was great timing. Grandpa was able to help Grandma with Jack for the weekend. John was able to spend a lot of time with me and Luke at the hospital since it was the weekend. He also took time to take Jack to a car show on Saturday. Since he has Monday and Tuesday off too, I've got lots of help settling in. I'm definitely feeling like the luckiest woman in the world! Thank you to everyone for your Facebook messages and phone calls. It made this special event in our lives seem like an even bigger celebration. 

3 comments:

  1. One BIG happy family! Can't wait to meet Luke. :) I miss you guys!

    Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! You look great! I hope we can come see him soon. :) P.s....Luke looks so much like Jack as a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have enjoyed showing the pics of Baby Luke and Big Brother Jack to Ross. He loves to point each out in the photos of them together. Maybe he's excited to be a Big Bro, too!!

    ReplyDelete