If you asked Jack, he would tell you how wonderful his grandmother is. So would the rest of us, if asked, but this blog is about Jack and his brother. I'm not joking when I say that Jack wakes up asking if he is going to see his grandmother on any given day. Spending Thanksgiving with John's family yesterday, it was easy for me to see why Jack is so taken with Grandma Jane.
She dances with him. Grandma has these little figurines that dance to Christmas music. They are cute, but Jack is cuter as he dances along. He was showing us his moves yesterday when he decided that Grandma should dance too. He ran to the kitchen to get her. When she danced, it made everything right in Jack's world. In toddler land, grandmas dance.
She chases him. For several minutes and many trips around the house yesterday, Jack was happy that I was chasing him. Then he decided that it would be more fun if Grandma chased him. Grandma was busy in the kitchen, but she stopped what she was doing to chase Jack through the house. His giggles were just a little louder and a little more frequent when Grandma was chasing him than they had been while I was chasing him.
She makes him delicious treats. I wouldn't know where to begin if someone asked me to make homemade whipped cream. Jane makes it every holiday to top some tasty dessert. (Yesterday it was pumpkin cheesecake... mmm!) Jack heard the mixer start up and went into the kitchen to investigate. The next thing I knew someone was telling me to get my camera. I'm so glad I did. I captured this moment between Jack and his beloved grandmother. I took 24 pictures of that moment before I decided I better rescue the rest of the whipped cream.
Jack and Luke are lucky to have a sweet grandmother like Jane in their lives. Love for my boys twinkles in her eyes. It's no wonder that they are completely crazy about her (and so are the rest of us).



This makes my heart smile...
ReplyDeleteMine too! :-)
ReplyDelete