Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Baby Crying!"

I was enjoying catching up with my sister on the phone this afternoon when Luke started crying from his crib. Jack yelled, "Baby crying," as he trotted towards Luke's room. I quickly wrapped up my phone call and went into Luke's room, expecting to see Jack peering at Luke through the slats of the crib. That's not what I saw at all. First, there were blankets in the crib that I didn't put there. I can only guess that Jack tried to get Luke to stop crying by giving him a blanket first. Good strategy. Didn't work. So, Jack decided to get in and comfort the baby. As you can see from the photos, that didn't work either. Unfortunately, I am the only one in the family with the proper equipment to stop the baby from crying. But, how sweet is it that Jack tried?



I didn't say a word about Jack climbing into Luke's crib, but Jack decided all on his own that it is a very cool trick. I swear that while I nursed Luke, Jack must have climbed in and out of that crib ten times. He fell out once as he tried to climb out, and I couldn't do anything but laugh at his surprised expression. No tears. Jack doesn't cry when he knows he's done something that Mom told him not to do. (Sidestory: The other day Jack was standing on the kitchen chair. I told him to sit down. I doubt even thirty seconds passed before he fell off the chair. I chuckled on the inside when he just pretended nothing out of the ordinary had happened. He just got back up on the chair, but this time he sat down.) 


I'm not sure how to handle this latest development in our household. What do you do about the toddler who climbs into the crib with his brother? I'm open to suggestions! I've said it before, but I must say it again... it's never boring at our house anymore!

1 comment: