Saturday was a day packed with fun for the Seaton family. I was up and ready to go to the garage sales in Fieldstone Farms at 6:45. The sales started at 7:00, and I was bound and determined that I was going to get there early. Jack had other plans. He slept until 8:00! The little stinker was up early every morning last week except the day I wanted him to get out of bed. Luckily, John and Grandpa Marion still found what we were looking for, a train table.
After finding the train table, Grandpa, Grandma, John, Jack, and I headed to a park in Franklin called Harlinsdale Farm. Harlinsdale Farm has an interesting history. It was owned by the Harlin family until a few years ago. The Harlin family is famous for their involvement in the Tennessee Walking Horse industry. They owned Midnight Sun, the first repeat World Grand Champion and a horse whose blood still runs through many of today's champion Walking Horses. The Harlin family sold the farm to the city of Franklin a few years ago. On Saturday, Franklin held a kids day on the farm. They had mules to pet and miniature donkeys to ride as well as a hay ride and train ride. Jack enjoyed petting the mule, but the line was too long to ride the donkeys. I don't think he was big enough to ride anyway.
Jack especially enjoyed the train ride. He has a keen interest in trains right now. If we are playing outside and he hears the train, he stops what he's doing and tells me about it. We look for trains when we're in the car. He shows me trains he finds in his books or catalogs. He loves to play with them at Peekaboo Playtown. This was his first ride. He enjoyed it.
We hustled home after spending some time on the farm so Jack could nap and we could go to a birthday party. The party was at Bounce U, a warehouse full of inflatable jumpers. Jack was timid at first, but before long he was bouncing like all the other kids. His grin that stretched from ear to ear was so cute.
Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and some target practice. Jack is enamored with his grandmother, so he enjoyed showing her everything there is to do at our house.
After our busy Saturday, it felt really good to spend Sunday relaxing at home. I may not get off this couch again tonight!




No comments:
Post a Comment