Friday, September 17, 2010

Boots!

Boots are tough and manly. Just ask Jack. He got his first pair today, and he's been excited about them since the moment he laid eyes on them. Boots has been the word of the day at our house. I think I've heard it fifty times in the past four hours. I teased Jack all afternoon about taking his boots off. He fervently shook his head each time, saying in toddler talk, "No way, Mom!" 

I seriously thought I bought these cheap little boots just to complete his Halloween costume. Instead I think they have probably become Jack's footwear of choice. As we were heading out the door this evening to spend some time outside, I told Jack he needed to put his shoes on before we could go out. Again I saw the head shake as he took off for his bedroom, yelling "Boots!" as he ran to get them. How can I fight that enthusiasm? Put on your boots, little man. 

1 comment: