The first thing you need to know is that Jack calls balloons boobies. It's one of those things that's sort of embarrassing, but too cute not to share.
On to the story behind these photos. John has a friend who runs a hot air balloon business in the Nashville area. When John found out he was launching today, he asked Logan if we could go out to watch. Grandpa and Grandma met us there. Seeing the work that goes into launching the boobies balloons truly was a cool thing to see. Jack was certainly interested in the process. However, when he saw the flame and heard its roar, he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him to safety (Mommy).
I used to say that I would like to try riding in a hot air balloon. Then I figured out that I am afraid of heights. Today's launch renewed my interest in balloons. I think it would be cool if John and I took Jack and Luke up in a balloon when they are much older. For now, Jack and I will watch for "boobies" from the ground.







Ellie,
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. I think I have a picture of Johnny on my shoulders just like the one with Jack!
New Name Suggestions:
"Seatons on Arno"
John will get this: "We are Four"
"Ellie's Three Treasures"
Marion
Many years ago, a friend and I took a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards in southern France - a breakfast trip. It was wonderful - I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Jack looks like he's having a blast!