Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mommy's Rambling


Our little man is growing up. It's amazing how it seems to happen overnight. He's pulling up on everything, moving around the house at breakneck speed, letting go of one piece of furniture to move to another, and yesterday he climbed his grandparents' stairs like he'd been doing it forever. All the while, he's jabbering away as if I understand his every word. When asked how big he is, he only raises one hand instead of the customary two, so John and I have decided that Jack believes he is only kind of big. A fake cough is still Jack's way of getting attention. It cracks me up. He has also developed a fake smile that he uses when the camera comes out, so I'm beginning to favor the photos in which he is not smiling.

Jack still shows no sign of stranger anxiety. I love watching people's reactions to a smiling baby. I took Jack in to get a flu shot last week. There was a sulky teenager sitting across the waiting room. In no time at all, Jack had her playing peekaboo and laughing. It was absolutely heart warming. In Dillards not too long ago, an aging salesman came toddling out of the shoe department to chat it up with Jack. My favorite story happened while I was in the grocery store earlier this week. There was a young man, probably 22 or so, who we met in every aisle. The first couple of aisles, he pretty much ignored Jack even though Jack was grinning and squealing every time he saw the stranger. By the third aisle, the guy was chatting with Jack, and throughout the rest of our shopping he waved and laughed every time he saw our smiley guy. Everyone seems to love a happy baby, but most certainly this mommy loves her baby.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't get over how much hair he has now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll make a little farm hand yet! Love his Winston sweater...

    ReplyDelete