Friday, February 13, 2009

A Burglar in the House

Lucy has become a very stealthy pacifier burglar. Yesterday alone she stole two pacifiers from Jack and destroyed them. She is very sneaky about the crime. She watches me put the pacifiers down and then walks away like she is going to leave them alone. It's when I walk away that she makes her move. 

I caught her in the act yesterday. Jack spent a little time in his cradle while I was showering. When I was done, I took him out, and we went about our business. I noticed that Lucy was nowhere to be found, so I went to look for her. I found her precariously perched with her hind legs on the bed and her front legs on the swinging cradle. She was just moments away from getting that pacifier out of Jack's cradle. 

I am going to have to be smarter than the dog or make another trip to Target for more pacifiers. I have a feeling that with my sleep-deprived brain I'll probably be making a trip to Target soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Ellie, it's some much fun reading about Jack, the antics of your furry children and your happy life. See you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What tales you'll have to tell as Jack grows up with the "rest of the family"! It'll be such fun - and you all will enjoy every minute.

    Can't wait to see you all again! I have my hands full this weekend!

    ReplyDelete