Saturday, January 24, 2009

House Arrest Project

On Thursday when I went to the doctor for my 37 week appointment, Dr. Redden decided that it would be best if I went on modified bed rest. This means that I can get up and move freely around the house, but that's about it.  The good news is that she told me no cleaning or grocery shopping, two of my least favorite activities.  The bad news is that there can be no more last minute visits to Target or USA Baby, which makes John entirely too happy.  Setting up Jack's blog seems like a good thing to do while I am on house arrest.  

Hopefully this won't last very long.  On Thursday I was dilated to 4 cm, so I am optimistic that we will be racing to the hospital soon.  I'm scheduled to be induced on February 4th, which means that is the longest bed rest can last.  







5 comments:

  1. Hey,Ellie,
    Thanks for sending out this blog website address. We are so excited.

    Lots of love, Kathy and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie - Hang in there - this will all be worth in 20 years or so...
    Seriously, thanks for the update - glad to know things are going okay so far.

    Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie I am excited for you and cannot wait to hear of Jack's arrival.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you here in Iowa, Ellie! Can't wait to see that beautiful baby boy. It is so worth it! Love you lots...good luck...stay healthy. Jon, give her anything she wants, she has earned it! :) Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lap and rocker are both ready...Ross won't mind sharing and they'll both love reading books together. I'll be able to fit them both in my lap for a while. FUN times ahead. You and Erin know that Brylie will probably be the boss of the trio - ha.

    Love you all - I'll see you in the hospital if not before. You know how to reach me if you need me.

    ReplyDelete