
Everyone knows that John and I love our dogs. A few examples of this love- 1. My dogs get more expensive haircuts than I do. 2. I've never been to the emergency room in my life, but I've called the emergency vet MANY times. 3. Sometimes even though we aren't craving ice cream, we go through the drive thru at Dairy Queen just so the dogs can get their puppy creams. 4. We commissioned paintings of Winston and Lucy, and they are hanging above the crib!
So, knowing how much I love my dogs, friends have started to ask me how I think the dogs will react to the baby. I have to admit that I think they are going to be a little bit jealous. Lucy is going to be the worst. She's a little 14 pound Welsh Terrier who has become quite the lap dog in the last few months. Although since my lap barely exists now, she lays on top of my stomach. Anytime one of the other dogs comes close for a petting, Lucy licks my face until I stop paying attention to the others. Can I expect lots of face licking while I am holding Jack, too?
John, the eternal optimist, continuously tells me that they dogs will adjust and be fine. He's right so often that I have to agree. Not long now until we find out for certain how the dogs will react to Baby Jack...
They'll do fine - they'll pick up a lot from you and John. Where's Sparky?
ReplyDeleteJack will fit right in with the rest of the pack. They'll love him and be good watchdogs and babysitters. :) June
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind PR. Hey, is that a third dog I see there???
ReplyDeletexoxo