Sunday, June 30, 2013

Help Me Get in Aunt Kathy's Pocket!


We had an amazing time with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Kevin, time that lifted spirits and prepared us for difficult days ahead. Time where love surrounded all of us. I cried as I watched the Versa (Meggie's new car!) leave our driveway this morning. Knowing that in a few short weeks I get to see four of my favorite people was the only thought that stopped the tears. 

All week long, Kathy told Luke that she needed to put him in her pocket and pull out his sweetness whenever she needed comfort. Luke understood this on a very literal level. As Kathy and Kevin prepared to leave this morning, he was certain he was traveling with them. He actually tried to crawl in Aunt Kathy's pocket. I took this sweet but blurry video of him asking me to help him get in her pocket. 



Aunt Kathy told Luke he was going to ride to Minnesota with me instead of them. As soon as we came into the house, Luke was gone. When I went in search for him, I found him sitting in the van in the garage. Sweet child. He loves his aunt and uncle. We all do. 





2 comments:

  1. I'm always so grateful when you get to spend time with your family...I know how important it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Aunt Kathy and Uncle Kevin as much you do.
    They truly are a treasure! Your boys are very very lucky!!

    Jan(jealous in Des Moines)

    ReplyDelete