While Grandpa Seaton was on his trip around the world, he sent the boys lots of neat things. Jack's absolute favorite thing he received was a map on Mumbai. It has icons of statues and other tourist destinations that Jack thought were cool.
Knowing how much time Jack spent with that Mumbai map, I set out to find a similar map of the United States. It became a frustrating search because every map I found that had icons was crazy expensive. I finally stumbled upon one on Rand McNally's site that was perfect, and they had one of the world too.
I'm amazed by how much time the boys, especially Jack, spend studying these maps. I'm working on some sort of system to help them understand where our family and friends live as well as other places where we have lived. I'm thinking that I will have little wallet sized pictures of the people we love printed like the one of Jack below. This was a picture we just had on hand for a gift for Jack's gymnastics teachers. I'm going to replace it with one of the entire family.
Right now I have Jack taking pictures of every place on the map that he would like to visit with his camera. By the sounds the camera is making, I would say our family better starting playing the lottery!
I thank Grandpa for sparking this interest in Jack. It's something I don't think I would have thought of on my own.



Ellie - What a fantastic idea! I love that the boys are so interested!!!
ReplyDelete