Jack has been pretty excited about carving a pumpkin ever since the first Halloween decoration went up in our neighborhood. I kept telling him that we had to wait until it was closer to Halloween or our pumpkin would spoil in the heat. The temperature dropped drastically over the weekend and pumpkins went on sale at Publix, so Jack, Luke, and I went to pick one perfect for carving.
I left the actual carving to John. Jack was his full-time assistant. Luke served in more of a part-time capacity. Jack had pretty specific orders for what he wanted his jack o' lantern to look like. He wanted circles for eyes, a circle for the nose, and an oval for a mouth. John tried his hardest to convince Jack that triangles were the way to go, but Jack wouldn't hear of it. He even showed his dad a picture from one of his Halloween books of exactly how he wanted it to look. John rose to the challenge. Everybody went to bed happy.
(grossed out when he first stuck his hand in)
(Mickey from Walgreens)








No comments:
Post a Comment