Friday, October 26, 2012

Being Neighborly

Jack has been waiting longer than any little boy should have to wait for it to be time to make some Halloween cupcakes I bought a couple of weeks ago. Today was the day since we have company on their way who we know love cupcakes too. 


Luke is no longer a spectator in the kitchen. Both boys have aprons and jobs. Luke put the cupcake liners in the pan. Jack stirred and put the decorations on the top once the cupcakes were frosted. 


Between the three of us, we made some "wicked" cupcakes. 


John and I are dieting. Cupcakes are a temptation that we don't need in our house right now. So, I kept just enough cupcakes to feed our guests, the boys, and a very small one for John, and packaged the rest to deliver to neighbors. 


Jack thought it would be fitting if he wore his cape and mask to deliver the Halloween goodies. 


Who wouldn't smile seeing these boys at their door? One neighbor and I got a chuckle out of Luke. He handed her the cupcake he was holding and then his lip started to quiver and he cried big tears. He didn't understand that there were more at home. 


Before long we will be trick or treating at these neighbors' houses. Isn't it smart that we are buttering them up already being neighborly?

No comments:

Post a Comment