Way back at the beginning of December, Megan texted me a picture of a gingerbread train she saw at Walgreens that she was sure Jack would love. From then on, I checked every time I went to Walgreens to see if it was on sale. Well, it finally was 50% off and since I figured that Jack didn't care whether we made the train before Christmas or after, I bought it. Boy was Megan ever right. Jack and I spent an hour or so this morning building the train. He loved every single minute of it. I think the only way he would have enjoyed it more was if it was Megan helping him instead of Mom.
John has been off work since before Christmas. It has been so much fun to have him participating in our daily life. He misses out on a lot since he is usually leaving right when the boys are waking up, and he doesn't get home until the "witching hour". I feel sorry for him because he doesn't often get to see the boys at their happiest and most fun times of the day. This week has been another story, and John has taken advantage of his time at home. Today he took Jack on a 4 mile Strider/mountain bike ride! I could tell by the excitement in their voices how much fun they had together, and it made me one happy mama. Coincidentally, one of my resolutions for 2012 is to make sure that at least 3 times a week I take the boys somewhere to play or ride bikes. I hope Jack is as excited to ride with me as he was to ride with his dad today.



The gingerbread train turned out so cute. Aren't they fun to make with the kits? Sounds like you guys are having fun. :)
ReplyDelete