Tonight, Jack got to stay up late and watch a movie with his dad, so the boys' bedtimes were separated enough that I got to spend time with each of them. Because I'm nursing, usually I have to put Luke in bed while John puts Jack in bed. I can't begin to describe how much I enjoyed rocking my oldest, sweaty body and all, with his little arms wrapped tightly around my neck. I got a little choked up when I let myself think about how quickly he is growing up and that soon he won't want his "mama" to rock him before bedtime. Even though I spend all day, every day with the boys, I know there still won't be enough minutes with them to satisfy me. I'm feeling just a tad bit melancholy about just how fast their babyhoods are slipping away.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment