Thursday, May 5, 2011

Luke- 6 Months


Luke is six months old today. It's hard to believe that it was half a year ago that I was heading to the hospital right around this time. Luke is a very busy boy. He's sitting up really well now. He hasn't gotten to a sitting position on his own yet, but if I sit him up he can stay like that for long periods of time. 

We call Luke our goofball because he finds nearly everything funny. Jack is his very favorite person. It cracks me up because when Luke giggles at something that Jack does, Jack repeats it over and over just like we do. 

Luke is extremely social. When we go to the grocery store, I still use the baby carrier so I can't really see what he's doing but person after person remarks on how he is grinning at them. The other day we had friends out for dinner. The Perlicks have a baby named Sarah who is a couple of months younger than Luke. Watching the two of them interact was hilarious. Luke was yelling at her. It seemed as if he was truly communicating with her. At first she was giggling at him, but before too long it seemed like he was a bit too aggressive because her expression went from delight to a little bit afraid. Nick got a photo of them interacting.


So far I've only fed rice cereal to Luke. I was planning on holding off on any other foods until we got home from our vacation in a couple of weeks, but if I hold off until things slow down around here the kid will never eat anything other than rice cereal. Our summer is shaping up to be very busy. So, after Luke's doctor's appointment next week I am going to go ahead and get started. 

Both of my babies have done best with routine, especially a sleeping routine. Last night John brought home a Nissan Quest for us to test out just for fun. We went for a drive that had us out past Luke's bedtime. The poor baby didn't do well with that at all. We felt bad. Luke is sleeping so much better than he was a month ago. He naps at 9:00 am and 12:00 pm. If he takes a short nap at noon, he'll sleep again around 4:00 pm. Usually he only naps twice though with a really long noon nap. Bedtime is no later than 7:00 pm. He generally sleeps until around 3:00 am when he wakes up ravenous and then goes back to sleep until 6:30 am. He's still a really light sleeper, so thunderstorms or any other noises always wake him up. We use a sound machine in his room to try to help with that. 

Luke hasn't gotten any new teeth. He still only has the two bottom ones. I do think he will get more soon because I've noticed that he is drooling more lately.

Luke basically loves any toy you hand to him. He's especially fond of a little crinkle toy that I keep out in the car. That noise must be very satisfying to him. 

I guess that about covers it until I get Luke to the doctor next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment