Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photography Class Lesson 20

The theme was what they do at home. 

Jack and I had an unexpected coffee date this morning. Luke's crying at 5:00 a.m. woke Jack. He patiently called "Momm-mee" every 15 minutes or so until I finally got up to get him at 6:30. If you know Jack, you know it is very unusual for him to be up with the birds. The kid would sleep until 9:00 if the house remained quiet. 

I too would kill to sleep until 9:00. Since I didn't get to this morning and I didn't even get to go back to sleep after my 5:00 a.m. Luke-call, I needed a cup of coffee. Jack is a little fascinated by coffee. He pretends to make coffee in his play kitchen, adding cream and stirring it just the way I like it before serving it to me. Every morning he yells to John, "There's your coffee, Daddy!" after I've poured John's cup to cool. He also likes to drink "coffee". His coffee is the Nesquick variety, but he doesn't know that. So this morning as I was making my own coffee, I made him some as well. We sat at the kitchen table and enjoyed a cup of joe together. 

His favorite part, the stirring.

Blowing on it.

Grumpy before that first sip.

Ahhh...

"That coffee's good, Mama!"


A cup of joe

He's my favorite coffee date.

3 comments:

  1. I want to join the next coffee date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. The one where he is blowing...he's got the "tea pinky" down pat!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how he feels when he takes that first sip! Great pictures Ellie...

    ReplyDelete