Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Photography Class Lesson 09

Alright, the theme of today's assignment was their passions and hobbies. Everyone who spends some time with Jack knows he loves his Matchbox cars. He's certainly passionate about them. His passion has led to others' hobbies. Aunt Annie, Daddy, and I search for Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars at every store we enter. Annie is exceptionally talented at the search as she always finds the coolest cars first. (Thanks, Annie! Jackie Chan loves you.) 

While I love the pictures today, I am feeling VERY sad (understatement). I've reached the limits of what my camera can do, and there isn't a new camera in my immediate future. Our instructor explained it like this:

You may have some limitations with your camera….
o   If you have an entry level dslr, you may not be able to use the high ISOs due to massive grain

Sure enough when I downloaded these photographs, the first thing I noticed was the grain. If you click on them to enlarge them, you'll see it even more prominently. 

John has things that he says he should have bought before we had kids (sometimes he even says he should have bought them before he got married!): a motorcycle and a handgun. Until today, I didn't have anything like that on my list. Now I do. Sigh... (understatement...)





4 comments:

  1. But, think about when you get that camera you will be ready to use it to its full capacity. I don't even know was a dsir and iso means in camera talk. Regardless of "grain" I enjoy your photos a lot!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Janice. I know you're right, but I think about looking at pictures of the boys 20 years from now. I want to look at good ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are fabulous, regardless. Enjoy them. You are doing a great job with your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Jack is so darn cute!!!! I wish you had the lens that you wanted, but I love the pictures you take. :) They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete