Little Luke is 3 months old today. It's hard to believe that it's been that long since I met the little man. What's the little guy been up to this month? He's been growing like a weed for starters. I stepped on the bathroom scale with him the other day, and it looks like he weighs almost exactly 16 pounds. He's definitely a chunky little guy.
Besides growing, Luke has also started playing with his hands. Those ten little fingers provide hours of entertainment every day. After John played with Luke for awhile this afternoon he told me that he thinks Luke is also interested in his feet, but I haven't witnessed that just yet. I guess he was showing off for Daddy.
We're starting to shift into a schedule. It's naptime one hour after Luke wakes up and about every 1.5 hours from the time he wakes up from each nap the rest of the day. Many of his naps are catnaps, but there is the occasional marathon nap thrown in to show Mom that he can do it. Luke heads to bed around 6:30 or 7:00 each evening. Typically he is still waking up twice a night. He's a midnight and 4 am sort of guy. Thankfully he eats and goes right back to sleep now. I have had the pleasure of experiencing a couple of nights in which Luke only woke up once. I cannot wait for him to be doing that consistently!
Luke is one seriously happy baby when he's getting attention from somebody. His grin is so cute, and he's giggling quite a bit now. Luke is not so happy when he's not getting that attention. Try folding a load of laundry when he's awake. It's nearly impossible. He would be happiest if someone would just hold him 24 hours a day.
Like Jack did when he was three months old, Luke thinks the octopus that hangs from his playmat is the coolest toy in the house. John told me that I can never get rid of that toy because both of our boys were crazy about it. Luke also likes to look at his mobile and the toys that dangle from his carseat. He has a tummy time mat that the neighbor got for him that has a silly crab toy that he loves too.
Part of me feels like Luke is growing up so quickly that I shouldn't blink for fear of missing something. The other part of me is glad to see the first three months pass. It's always been my belief that the first three months with a baby are difficult. The sleep deprivation is hard to ignore. So here's to moving on to bigger and better things (more sleep and less crying) with our growing boy.


He is so darn cute....in the first picture...does he have on a packer rugby style shirt????? What are you thinking???? :)
ReplyDelete