Jack and I had our first conversation about the baby today. We were sitting on the floor playing with some of Jack's toys when he touched my belly.
I said, "That's Baby Luke in there," and then I pointed at my belly again and said, "Baby Luke." (I am about 95% committed to the name Luke. Don't hold me to it yet!)
Jack considered for a second before he pointed to his t-shirted belly and said, "Car." What could I say? He was right. There were indeed three little cars on his t-shirt.
I guess I'm going to need to figure out another way to explain the baby to Young Jack.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You would have really been surprised if he pointed at one of the cars and said: "Nissan."
ReplyDeletehahah! That's great! I love it! Convos with our little ones are so heartwarming
ReplyDeletegreat post Ellie! He'll figure it out pretty fast when you come home with the baby in a few months :) btw - i love the name (if that is what you decide)
ReplyDelete:) They are very literal. How sweet.
ReplyDelete