Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Simple Life

We live such a simple life that sometimes it's difficult to find things to blog about. Jack and I spend our days napping, playing in the playroom, and playing outdoors if the weather permits. Add meals and snacks and I've described our typical day. Some would probably be bored to tears by the lack of action in our days, but I find peace in Jack's delight over watching the dogs through the kitchen window or building structures out of Duplos for Jack to gleefully destroy. 


The weekends are exceptionally fun because Daddy stays home to play with us. Jack and Daddy love to sneak up behind me and yell BOO to see my reaction. Usually I hear Daddy whispering to try to keep Jack quiet on the way, so I get to test my acting skills. Jack thinks that objects flying out of my hands when he scares me are absolutely hysterical. The kitchen towels are wonderful props in this game for the three of us. 


This life that the three of us have made together is nothing less than perfect in my eyes. Playing with my giggly boy and anxiously waiting for my hardworking husband to come home is how I get to spend my days. Life cannot possibly get any better than this. 


2 comments:

  1. These photos are so pretty, Ellie. Little Jack...always smilin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I wouldn't give for that simple life! Love the pictures Ellie - you look fabulous and Jack looks like the happiest little boy on Earth!

    ReplyDelete