Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jack's First Snow

Throughout the night as John and I woke up with Jack, we saw the snow falling. By the time we woke up this morning, there was a fair amount of snow on the ground. We couldn't wait to show Jack his first snow, but he seemed less than impressed. He just squinted his eyes against the bright whiteness. What would his cousins in Minnesota think?


On the other hand, Winston and Lucy had a great time. They chased each other and had a blast with the tennis balls that I threw out in the yard for them. It seems to me that Winston was asking John if he was up to coming out to play in this photograph. 


After the snow melted, we decided to run some errands. The wind was blowing pretty hard, so to fight against the chill we wrapped Jack in this nifty thing called a Bug in a Rug. My Aunt Janice sent it as a gift. Jack stayed cozy all afternoon as John and I took care of the errands. 

Tomorrow it's back to work for John. I know he misses us while he's gone. I am actually going to school tomorrow too. It is Read Across America Day, and I am taking a book in to read to my classes. I am sure they will be quite disappointed that Jack isn't going, but he hasn't had his shots yet. So, Jack will spend a couple of hours playing with his friend Ross. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi: Glad you got the "Bug" - I was so pokey at getting it sent that I thought the weather would be too warm to use it! Ted's daughter and her husband are the N. American distributors for the Bug and they sell it and other nifty baby stuff at www.buginarug.info. They are in Canada but ship everywhere. It's really popular in the UK and Australia. I stuck in a few pacifiers to save some trips to Target for dog replacements.
    Glad you enjoyed your visit with Kathy & Megan.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya know that Ross and Jack has the best time giving Erin a "run for the money"!

    Offer still stands for a movie and dinner...I'll have the best end of the deal - keeping the boys! Can't wait to see Jack...and Winston...and Lucy....and Sparky...and of course, John and Ellie, too.

    ReplyDelete