Tuesday, October 3, 2017

New School Year and Summer's End

I know I am going to kick myself when it is time to write our Christmas cards this year because the blog is usually where I go to remember what joy filled our year. So, here's a little catch up about our summer and the start of school.

We spent our summer busy potty training a puppy, which meant a summer at home. There were days at the pool with neighborhood friends, swimming lessons, summer camps, a visit from Helena, a visit from our favorite baby, a visit from the Perlicks, our first Braves game, puzzles, video games, and books books books. Sprinkle in a lot of yard work (gardener's paradise?) and that's the summer in a nutshell.

This was the summer that Jack read the entire Harry Potter series and Luke read every Biscuit and Mittens book in print. Jack went to a robotics camp, a hip hop camp, and an art camp. Luke went to an animals camp and an art camp. And Hattie went to obedience school, although I'm not sure it did a whole lot of good considering how naughty she still is to this day.


On August 1st, the boys headed back to school. Luke went to 1st grade. His teacher is Mrs. Aprile. Jack went to 3rd grade. His teachers are Mrs. Lord and Mrs. Wingard. I've never seen a kid more excited about heading back to school than Luke. He was so excited to see his kindergarten friends, his kindergarten teacher, and all his bus stop friends. 



Now we are off and running with a new school year. School, homework, swimming lessons, violin lessons, and chess club keep us busy throughout the week. Hattie has turned into the most loving dog imaginable, but her love hurts a bit. She cannot contain her excitement and expresses her love with jumping and kisses. Our steadfast cat, Obi, has adopted an Amazon box that I keep out of Hattie's reach. He's still as sweet as ever though. 

And now, I'm all caught up on life through the first day of school and beyond. 



No comments:

Post a Comment