Friday, March 18, 2016

A Good Story


Almost every time I go see what Jack is up to lately, he is reading. Reading when he is supposed to be sleeping... Reading when he is supposed to be getting dressed for school... Reading in the car until he's carsick. I can relate. I remember one night of my childhood quite vividly. I was probably in fifth or sixth grade. The book was Where the Red Fern Grows. I had a pretty strict 9:00 bedtime, but I was allowed to read in bed. However, when my dad woke up at 3:00 in the morning and found me still reading, I was in trouble. 

I've been biting my tongue and going easy on schedules lately because I just love to see the little man reading anything he can get his hands on. Even when I find him reading by the light of his flashpal an hour after I tuck him in, I'm going easy because I know there's not too many things better in life than a good story. 

1 comment: