Sunday, March 30, 2014

Peter and the Wolf


Jack and I went to see the Virginia Symphony perform Peter and the Wolf this afternoon. It was part of the Symphony's P B & J series. How cute is that? 

Stations were set up before the show for kids to try out many of the orchestra instruments. We only had time to visit a couple of the stations before we had to go to our seats, so I let Jack choose which ones he wanted to try. He chose the violin and the snare drum. 

The first thirty minutes of the performance, the orchestra played Mother Goose Suite by Maurice Ravel. Jack liked that, but he leaned over several times to ask me when Peter and the Wolf would begin. When it did, he was a rapt listener. They had a narrator who was a wonderful storyteller who told a small part of the story, and then the orchestra "illustrated" it. It was wonderful, and Jack and I just loved it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment