Anything out of the ordinary makes for an extraordinary experience. The boys and I had an extraordinary visitor today. We went outside to play for a bit before lunch when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. It was this really cool turtle.
We watched the turtle make his way from the back of our yard and opened the fence gate to let him out about 20 minutes later when it seemed like that's where he wanted to go. Jack was right up next to him the entire time, peppering me with questions about turtles.
Luke was much more cautious, spending a good amount of time watching from the safety of the climber. Nonetheless, it was obvious that both boys thought watching that turtle cross our yard was fascinating.
I took this picture the other day. John stopped the car and the boys watched these geese and goslings along the banks of a pond close to our house. Spring has nature coming alive in these parts. I can only hope for my Minnesota family's sake that spring takes over there too.





No comments:
Post a Comment