We are wearing our gopher gear to cheer my nephew David on as he competes in the NCAA tournament. Jack absolutely hates his gopher shirt. I think it is because the gopher is making a menacing face. Jack is all about smiles and twinkling eyes. When I put his gopher shirt out for him to dress in yesterday, he yelled, "Mom, I don't want to wear this mole shirt!" I convinced him to put on his gopher shirt by telling him that David was going to help Jake teach him how to fish this summer, and the least he could do was wear the shirt to cheer him on. He reluctantly put it on and came downstairs for breakfast. I can't be sure whether it was intentional or not, but not ten minutes after the gopher shirt conversation, he spilled yogurt all down his shirt. Little stinker. I ran it through the washing machine and made him wear it to gymnastics anyway. Score 1 for Mom.
Fast forward to today. I am spending quite a bit of time watching for David to wrestle online. Jack came by while I was waiting and asked me, "Is David wrestling yet? Is he wrestling for the moles today?" There are plenty of laughs around here that Jack can take credit for.


This cracks me up!!
ReplyDeleteGo "Moles"!!!
Go David much to be proud of in the Thorn
family!
Can only imagine how happy Larry would have been!
Jan and family.....
I had my Gopher sweatshirt and sweatpants on, too. What a fun weekend. Next year, we should go. What do you think? Kathy
ReplyDeleteWe should! It will be a good midyear chance for me to see you. Let's work on it.
Delete