Naps seem to be a thing of Jack's past, and yet I've never met a kid who needed one more when 4:00 in the afternoon rolls around. It's a constant battle at our house, and one I can't claim victory to very often. But today I was the victor.
We found this in our mailbox on the way home from the post office. It's a letter from the head reindeer elf up at the North Pole.
On the back was a recipe for reindeer food. Apparently, it's been decided that our house is the perfect location for the reindeer to have a snack before continuing along their way. It just so happens that I had all of those ingredients in the pantry, so I promised Jack that if he slept during rest time today we would make reindeer food.
I checked in about five minutes after I finished reading a few books. He was out. And so we made reindeer food.
Luke wanted to help too.
And so did Mom.
This is what reindeer food looks like for anyone who didn't know.
The neighbors brought gifts for the boys this morning. Luke received a laptop. Jack is quite taken with it. In fact, he used it to Skype Santa this afternoon. Santa wanted to know if his reindeer's food was ready, don't you know?







I loved listening to Jack talk about his list, but the comic relief at the end made me laugh out loud. You have two boys with their own little unique personality - how special! I hope all four of you have a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteP.S. - I love the reindeer treat recipe!