Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

The first thing Jack noticed (because John pointed them out) as we drove up the hill to my sister's house on Christmas Eve morning was the huge Santa and smaller Frosty inflatables on her deck. Jack got out of the car, rang Linda's doorbell, and ran right past Charlie who answered the door to get to the inflatables. He is crazy about the things, and Linda's friend, Mark, has a pretty good idea about what little guys are crazy about so he transported them from his house to Linda's just to make the boys happy. He succeeded. Thanks, Mark. 


After we spent a good amount of time greeting Santa and Frosty, we had an amazing brunch with Linda, Charlie, Joe, and Rachel along with some of their friends. 


The thoughtful things John does should never surprise me because he does them every day, but I was very moved when he arranged to Skype Kathy and her family when it was time to open gifts. Family is really important to Kathy, and I know it made her feel good to be included in the "Thorn" celebration even though she was 1,000 miles away. 


Kathy sent this bad boy to the the little guys! Jack was especially excited about his new wheels. 


He hopped right in and took off. He is going to need to figure out how to steer a little better because he promptly thanked Mark for bringing the inflatables by ramming right into his car. Nice. 


Jack enlisted Luke's help in pulling/pushing the car up Linda's big hill. Luke was excited because this was as close as he got to the car until we got home and he got a turn sitting in the car. 


The "Thorn" Christmas was special this year. Everyone just seemed really happy to be together, which is what I believe Christmas is really all about. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Linda's family. Glad that Jack and Luke like the car. I hope that they can enjoy it when it gets a bit warmer. It was awfully sweet of Mark to get the blow ups for the boys. Christmas is so much fun. I'm sad that it is over. :(

    ReplyDelete