Friday, November 25, 2011

Putting Up the Tree


Jack helped me decorate the Christmas tree today while John took Luke to the grocery store. Giddy is the best word I can use to describe Jack the majority of the afternoon. His newest word that he used to describe 30 different ornaments today is cool. Once again I am reminded how much fun Christmas is when you get to watch it through the eyes of children. 

Each year I buy a Christmas ornament that somehow reminds me of the kids as they are now. I had a really hard time this year with Luke's ornament. Nothing seemed perfect. Then I decided to make a toy like the ones they love into their ornaments this year. Jack's is a Bob the Builder Duplo figure. Nothing could describe his loves better than this one guy. Duplos- check. Bob the Builder- check. Perfect. 


Luke's is a Little People Wheelies elf. He loves his Wheelie cars, making car noises and carrying them around the house and leaving them for people to step on in random places like the bathroom. Perfect.


As we passed the Christmas tree on the way to bed tonight, Jack stopped to tell all of his favorite ornaments good night. "Good night, bus. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, Charlie Brown." So, Christmas is underway at the Seaton house. I've been waiting all year for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment