Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Excitement

I took the boys to Target yesterday afternoon. Jack spotted these musical Santas and snowmen, so we stopped for a minute to play. It was really hard for me not to throw one in our basket since the boys loved them so much. Moments like this make me really excited to drag out the Christmas tree and decorate the house.


The influx of catalogs and Jack's love of looking at them has made talk of Santa fun. There isn't anything that he is absolutely certain Santa will bring. Instead he says, "Maybe Santa will bring me one of those." 




Grandma has a decoration or two up already just for the boys' excitement. The next time we're there, I am going to take our video camera because Luke's excitement over the ice skaters is something that definitely needs to be captured. He stands there for long periods of time and just says, "Oh wow!" It's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. 

A Facebook friend posted his disgust over radio stations already playing Christmas music. Delighted rather than disgusted, I turned the dial to 94.1 the next time I got in the car. Christmas is so exciting through the eyes of two sweet boys. Why wouldn't I want to start early?

No comments:

Post a Comment