When I was a girl, my favorite place to go besides Lake Amelia was the Minnesota Zoo. My nephews and nieces were a great excuse for us to go often, but I probably enjoyed it even more than they did. I still love the zoo. So when a friend (who had a guest pass!) invited us to spend the morning there, I jumped all over the chance.
Jack is at an age where the zoo is quite magical. From the monkeys howling as we arrived to the up close view of the elephants to grooming the goats at the petting zoo, Jack was clearly in his happy place. There was an undeniable sparkle in his eyes and excitement in his voice as he frequently asked, "What's next, Mama?" Perhaps he has an affinity for the zoo just like his mother.
Luke was all eyes and smiles the entire morning as he experienced his very first day at the zoo. I must have heard a dozen times about his smiles at strangers from his seat in the stroller. He's quite a charmer. He finally gave in and had a brief nap as we approached lunchtime. It was just enough to keep that smile on his face. Certainly, memories of the boys' happiness today is enough to keep a smile on mine.




No comments:
Post a Comment