Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jack- 2 1/2 Years


Jack, you are 2 1/2 years old today! Here's a little bit about you:
  • You weigh 32 pounds, and you are 36 inches tall. 
  • You wear size 2t clothes, size 5 diapers, and size 8 shoes.
  • Your favorite thing to play with inside is your Duplos. Outside you love your sandbox. Even when it's really too hot, you love to play out there.
  • You love having books read to you. I read many throughout the day. Your current favorite is Dear Zoo. When I read the title, you always say something like by Itchy Toto. Ha! Sometimes you try to read to Luke, but his inability to sit still upsets you.
  • Your vocabulary astounds me. The other day you were in the sandbox telling me how you had to build a foundation first before the castle. I can only guess where you learned about foundations. 
  • You like to watch Little People and Bob the Builder.
  • You are the best big brother to Luke. You have a lot of patience for the little guy who would crawl into your back pocket if it were possible. Every toy you pick up Luke wants to play with too. 
  • You love to sing, but I'm the only one you will sing to. I've asked you to sing to others and you refuse. You're very good at Baa, Baa Black Sheep and Elmo's Song. You like rhymes too like Peas Porridge Hot.
  • You are a handful. You often times get put in time out at Jazzercise. This morning was one of those times. When I came to get you, you said, "Mommy, I cried." The teacher told me it was because you were in time out for pushing. You quickly informed me that you were really just moving that girl. Ha! 
  • To get you to nap now, I have to set a timer and promise to get you when the timer goes off. Usually you are sound asleep by the time the timer goes off. 
  • You're starting to pick up on emotions. You'll say things like, "Is Daddy mad?" or "Is that so sad?" or "Luke is so happy. He is laughing." 
  • You seem to have picked up on a lot of the colors. This has come as a surprise for me since A) I figured you were colorblind with all the colorblindness on my side of the family and B) I thought this was something I'd have to teach you.
  • You count. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10!
  • You recite the alphabet. a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, q, r, s. YAY! 
  • You're beginning to experiment with tantrums. Your dad pulled you away from the train table at a toy store the other day, and you threw yourself on the ground and cried. It shocked your daddy. Me, not so much. I see that sort of thing more often since I'm with you all of the time. 
  • You're Mommy's boy right now. I hear, "I want you," every time someone else tries to do something for you. 
  • Your sense of humor makes both of us laugh. You made fun of your Aunt Kathy in the car because she squealed. You pick up on funny little things like that and tease mercilessly. Then you'll say, "Is that funny, Aunt Kathy?"
You're a good boy, and I love you with all of my heart. I'm proud of who you're becoming and cannot wait to see you grow. Just don't do it too fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment