Saturday, October 23, 2010
This May Be the Last
This may be the last picture you'll see of us as a family of three. Baby Luke will be arriving soon. He's being a little stubborn as we thought yesterday was going to be the day, but nevertheless he'll be here before we know it. As I wrote the title of this post, I thought about all the things that wouldn't be the same (at least for awhile). What's weighing the heaviest on my mind? This may be the last good night of sleep I'll get for several months. Undoubtedly, we are looking forward to the baby's arrival. However, Jack isn't so old that I've forgotten how difficult those first few months are with such little sleep. When Jack was about three weeks old, John came home from work and couldn't find me. I was sitting in the darkened nursery with Jack beside me, pumping, and crying my eyes out because I was too exhausted to do anything else. It's best for me to focus on the fact that this may be the last few days that I only have one little boy to sit on my knee and love beyond belief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great picture. We can't wait! Jake wants to babysit. :) We love you all.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be FUN having another little Seaton man around to watch grow. Anticipating - and not-so-patiently waiting.
ReplyDeleteGreat family picture! Jack looks so big.
ReplyDelete