Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Special Afternoon

As Jack and I were leaving to visit Grandpa and Grandma this afternoon, I noticed that the UPS man had left a package by our door. Knowing the package contained Jack's new bike seat, I threw it in the car thinking that Grandpa would enjoy sharing this first experience on a bicycle with Jack. From the look on Grandpa's face in this photo, I would have to say that I was right. 


And from the look on Jack's face in all the other photos I took today, I would say that Jack thought his first experience on the bicycle was pretty amazing too. 



Jack was having so much fun that even I couldn't resist climbing on the bike and taking him for a spin. You can imagine what the neighbors thought at the sight of seeing a 9 month pregnant woman pedaling up the hill! I must admit that I was secretly very happy when Jack took off his helmet because I had an excuse to stop for a couple of minutes! I'll spare you from having to look that the photographic proof that I actually climbed on the bike. Grandpa ended up having to replace Jack's helmet at the local bike shop this afternoon with one the little booger can't pull off. Thanks, Granddad! Now the two of them are set for a bike ride tomorrow and many more in the future. 

2 comments: