Sunday, September 27, 2009

Look Who's Eight Months Old



Our baby is eight months old today. He continues to be the happiest baby I've ever been around. He seriously NEVER cries... unless I am trying to get him dressed in the morning. Even then it's more of a whine than a cry. What else has Jack been up to this month? He is exploring all of the time now, utilizing an incredibly effective Army crawl to get anywhere he wants to go. In his explorations, he discovered the door stops, and they have become a favorite toy.



Jack absolutely loves his doggies. They are the first things he looks for when he wakes up in the morning. Usually at least Sparky is on my heels, so he doesn't have to look too hard. Winston has become Jack's biggest fan because Jack now eats Cheerios. Winston doesn't go farther than a few inches away from Jack's high chair when Jack is eating. This month Jack also tried pears, yogurt, peas, pumpkin, plums, and chicken. I'm really trying to introduce some solids, but Jack resists everything but Cheerios. Hopefully in the next month or so I can introduce pastas, cheese, and fruits that are not pureed. He's doing really well with his sippy cup and can hold his bottle by himself.




Jack has become attached to a blanket that he cuddles with during naps and at night. I read somewhere that babies like to have something soft that replaces mommy when they are falling asleep. Because I am such a worrier, I have to sneak into Jack's room each night after he falls asleep and tug the blanket out of his arms.

Speaking of sleeping, we are finally on a schedule! You can pretty much expect Jack to wake up around 6:30 and then nap around 8:30, 12:30, and 4:30. He goes to bed around 8:00 every night. Sometimes he's tuckered out a little earlier if one of his naps was cut short. It would be difficult for me to explain how excited I am to have the little man on a predictable schedule.

Jack's becoming pretty verbal. As he plays, he says things like da-da, ga-ga, ma-ma, bla-bla, oo-oo, and wha-wha. He loves playing peekaboo and reading books with Mom.




We can't wait to see what Jack accomplishes in the next month. We love having this blog to share each milestone with you, but also to use as a record of all things Jack.

2 comments: