Friday, October 14, 2016

A Story Before I Forget It

This is one of those stories I don't want to forget...

Jack got into some poison ivy a few weeks ago. We waited and waited, and the rash just wasn't getting any better. In fact, many mornings he would wake up and it would look worse. John told him that he had to stop itching it because he was spreading it. I took him to the doctor. When the doctor came in and asked what was going on, Jack had a conversation with him that I want to remember. He told the doctor that his dad told him he was spreading the rash by itching it, but he didn't think his dad was right because he'd been conducting an experiment. For days and days without telling us, he'd been itching the rash and then touching his ankle bone. He thought his ankle bone would be an easy spot for him to remember and thus be able to tell if the rash had indeed spread. The doctor listened, did a double take, and asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up to which Jack answered, "A pediatrician like you." Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment